Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Programming to Relieve Frustration (!)

Normally computer programming aggravates me, but recently it's been rather therapeutic. For a couple of days I've been in a lull with no interviews or temp work, so I decided to upgrade my computing skills.

I took a question from a finance textbook which should have been solved using software on the accompanying CD-ROM. Instead I wrote my own code to solve the equations, using C++, a programming language that was new to me. It took a bit of research on the internet, but I produced a working program and answered the question. The underlying mathematics wasn't all that hard, which helped.

It was a good little project to keep me busy, but throws up an interesting ethical question: can I now list C++ on my resumé? My answer is yes.

No comments: