Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Job News

I've found a real job! It's an analyst position with a company called AME Mineral Economics, which does analysis and costing of mining projects and the commodity markets. I'll get to plow through all sorts of data (company documents, the news, geological analyses, who knows what else) and synthesise it into reports and predictions.

I heard about the company after talking to a friend from high school. It made sense to look at the mining sector, given that it's doing so well at the moment. Apparently AME have to take on generically smart people and train them in the industry because all the geologists and mining engineers have been snapped up by the actual mining companies.

I'm starting next Monday, and really looking forward to it. There will be a lot to learn, so I'll be very busy and may be neglecting this blog over the next few months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Edward -

All the best for your first day!

SJK.